Tell us why you'd be a great fit + send samples of your work!
We see our interns as not only an important part of our working team, but also a trustworthy friend whom we consider a part of our family. At Ghostly Ferns, we rely heavily on our interns to execute internal Ghostly Ferns projects, client work, and imagine possibilities for what the world of Ghostly Ferns can become. This is an opportunity to not only expand your portfolio with fun real-world projects, but learn from a group of talented new friends!
What type of person are you looking for?
- Someone who has a sense of humor and isn't afraid to show that in their work
- A designer in the broadest sense of the term. We need someone who can do anything from styling photoshoots to executing digital design and illustration!
What will be expected of me?
- Art direction for Ghostly Ferns product shoots
- Social media graphics for Ghostly Ferns promotions
- Wholesale strategy & design for Ghostly Ferns shop
- Assisting team with client designs (may include research, illustration, branding, digital, environmental, web & print design)
What will I get out of this internship?
- The ins & outs of freelancing: working with clients, pricing, process, and techniques.
- A wide-variety of experience across varying practices such as lettering, illustration, digital design, print design, environmental graphics, art direction, photography, and more!
- Real client work that you can show in your portfolio.
- A new group of well-connected friends who can connect you to employers & clients depending on your desired career route.
What might get me some bonus points?
- Knowledge of photography
- Knowledge of traditional hand lettering techniques
- If you're a dog owner, bring that pup in so we can pet it!
Where is this internship located?
Right now we're hiring for a Minnesota intern. You must live in, or be willing to relocate to, Minnesota and work from our Saint Paul office. We may be hiring a Brooklyn intern in the coming months.
Is this paid?
Will I get a full-time job at the end of this?
At Ghostly Ferns, we're all freelancers! None of us are employees or are employed by the company. Because of our unique way of working, you'll be brought on as a contractor. We may continue to hire you on a contract basis after your internship, but we cannot offer anyone a full-time position. Confused? Aren't we all! We can help clarify any confusion you may have.
What is the schedule like?
We're totally flexible in creating a schedule that works for the right person. Duration, start date, hours, days p/week are all flexible depending on your availability.